Start Date: 2018
End Date: Under Development
The project focuses on the supply and installation of a system for calculating average and timely speeds. It is a system that aims to monitor the violations of the Highway Code and is provided as a support to the managing body and to the traffic police bodies.
The proposed system allows the simultaneous and constant monitoring of the key points of the road network that is managed in order to guarantee:
- System acceptability by the citizen;
- Capacity of the proposed manager and authority;
- Comply with the provisions of the highway code;
- System automation;
- Compliance with the provisions regarding confidentiality of the collected information;
- Guarantee of the system such as to exclude unjustified violation notifications.
The system consists of:
- Peripheral detection section: data acquisition for the detection of infringements. This component obtains, for each section, the transit time, the vehicle category and the license plate. The measuring sections are positioned along the road sections.
- Central system of infraction processing: the system of infractions, installed on dedicated servers processes the data obtained from the periphery devices and determines the transits in a state of infringement by examining the average speed on a route. The interactions with external systems include the data available from the Public Automotive Registry and from the Civil Motorization; these data will be processed in order to complete the verification report of the infringement.